Why Support SCPI Anyway?
SCPI Sells Instruments
Customers demand or at least prefer instruments that support SCPI, because it saves them time (and therefore money):
- Standardized commands and syntax mean that technicians and programmers with experience of one SCPI-compatible instrument can get to grips with any other SCPI instrument straight away
- Programs/scripts written to control one SCPI instrument can be more easily changed to control a different SCPI instrument
Immediate Benefits to You Too!
As well as the benefits to sales, an instrument that supports SCPI helps you in other ways:
- No need to devising your own proprietary scheme for the commands and syntax of your control language - less time, less cost
- SCPI-familiar customers require less technical support
- The professional touch of SCPI-compliancy gives your instruments the edge